[General] PEtALS monitoring & Administration

cdeneux petals-features at ebmwebsourcing.com
Wed Mar 16 10:19:48 CET 2011

I agree with you. I add these explanations to the specification post.
What do you think to regard the SE as a web-application container, on which web-applications are deployed as SU ?.

chamerling wrote:
> 1. A do not think that a Swing based application is a good thing to start in a Service Engine. The main reason is that the X server could not be available on some hosts and if it is you need to forward the X display from the server to the host where you are monitoring the system -> IMO this is an unnecessary network traffic.
> So I am for a web based service engine even if it will use a new port to start a Jetty server or whatever...

If the new monitoring tool is a extension of the WebConsole, it will need to deploy a SA on a BC to access all WSDM services available on the NMR. I think that it is possible to update the current webconsole to use NMR calls instead of JMX calls.
Perhaps could we:	define an interface between presentation layer and business layer of the web-console,

	create a logical layer based on NMR calls and a other logical layer based on JMX calls,

	keep the current presentation layer (completed with a new part)

	package both web-console (one per logical layer).

chamerling wrote:
> 2. The current webconsole is not sufficient, we need to work on it and so I am not sure that the new monitoring tool will be a WebConsole extension...

Read this forum topic online here:
http://petals.ebmwebsourcing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=213#213