[General] encoding gestion in PEtAlS

rnaudin petals-features at ebmwebsourcing.com
Wed Mar 16 10:20:05 CET 2011

Maybe we should investigate on why the DOM or SAX parsers (Xerces, saxon?) doesn't return the correct encoding before trying to rewrite a wrapper on them.

For me, using a property on the MessageExchange which can be taken account by each device working with XML data is the best configurable way.
Some device (the BC receiving the incomings flow) can set the property according to its internal device (transformer, DocumentBuilder, stream transfer...) and then the property is passed though messageExchange (EIP/orchestra) and each component can use it or reset it to any value if he want.
When the flow comes to the end (outcoming flow), the last BC component use this property to set the outgoing encoding if necessary.

I think it is important to be able to configure it, as when we distribute PEtALS amongst different system, we never know the system encoding or the wanted encoding of external partners.

Read this forum topic online here:
http://petals.ebmwebsourcing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=325#325