[General] encoding gestion in PEtAlS

alouis petals-features at ebmwebsourcing.com
Wed Mar 16 10:20:16 CET 2011

My idea is to use the encoding specified in the XML document&

As transformers dont set correctly the encoding (we have to set the encoding as a parameter of the transformer), an extended Transformer (a Transformer wrapper) reading the first bytes of the document defining the encoding to know it, and set it on the real Transformer used before asking it the effective transformation.

If a user wants to change the encoding, for some obscured reasons, the XSLT Component can do it, or an Interceptor.

I dont think this case might happen a lot of time, so I dont think another CDK/Container property is really needed, there is today enough properties that are not very used or known by PEtALS users..

Adrien

Read this forum topic online here:
http://petals.ebmwebsourcing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=324#324