[General] Corporate : EBM Websourcing changes to Petals Link

Mathieu mathieu.lebreton at ebmwebsourcing.com
Wed Mar 16 10:20:20 CET 2011

Hi !

Now that's official, EBM Websourcing is changing its name to Petals Link.
Why ?
=> Make it simple : less names, all around Petals. Simple for you. Simple for us to communicate.
=> Clear involvement : Some people need to be reassured that, "more" than a community, a company is supporting the project. Now that's clear.

We're currently changing all the stuff. Website, logo, etc...
Just to be clear, because the question always came in the industries, with those changes : There will be changes around products (Simpler, and involvement, as well). There might be commercial changes as well. But it's absolutely clear that Petals, and other projects around Petals (Dragon, EasyWSDL, Open Suit), will remain Open Source.

Hope you enjoy the change. Others are coming.

We now have a great recognition from service partners/integrators in France.
Several large-scale projects with Petals are in production. A lot of them are in development.
Petals and EBM Websourcing are well-known among European research community.
OW2 Community is growing, previously in Asia, now in US, joining with the Open source alliance.

That's nice, and encouraging. But there is still much to do.
Present and future changes go in this way.

To conclude, main sponsor of Petals was EBM Websourcing, it is now Petals Link :)

I'll be happy to hear your comments, if you have

Petals ESB, the open source ESB (http://petals.ow2.org) with unified architecture

Read this forum topic online here:
http://petals.ebmwebsourcing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=987#987