[General] Active/Passive Components

rabegg sagnad at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 16 10:20:30 CET 2011

Again, thanks for the reply.

The splitting of nodes from a cluster is always a difficult issue to solve.  In my scenario I would have to protect against duplicates coming in from the binding components within my service chain.

I like your idea of using an external monitor but I'm trying to avoid a single point of failure.  It would just seem to move the problem into having an active/passive monitor :)

I had started to look at using JGroups and using the "coordinator" node to determine which binding component should be the active one within the cluster.  Then I thought this could be something the kernel might support, hence my post.

Unsuscribe/Suscribe Petals forum notification
Read this forum topic online here:
http://petals.ebmwebsourcing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2160#2160