[General] Any experience with large attachment in an SOA platform ?

cdeneux christophe.deneux at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 10:21:04 CET 2011

I think that it's possible to porcess large file using stream capabilities. It seems to me that all files are processed as stream. So if we use a specific stream implemenatation that flushes the file on disk if its size is upper that a configurable value, the large files will be correctly supported without introducing other things.

On other optimisation point is: how to avoid several flushs of the same large file if the attachment is processed several times by different components on the same PEtALS instance ?

Christophe

2010/4/22 chamerling <christophe.hamerling at ebmwebsourcing.com (christophe.hamerling at ebmwebsourcing.com)>

>  	 	In case of large files, I think that it is quite complicated to tune the JVM, petals and the components to handle all the files sizes... Not sure that is the petals' role to handle such data amount... There are some alternatives :
> 1. Just exchange URLs with petals between service consumers and providers and add something which deals with remote files... This 'breaks' the SOA approach but using a standard FTP client of some HTTP based commands will be more reliable, performant for such data.
> 2. Same as 1 but use the FTP component for example...
> 3. ...

Christophe DENEUX / Capgemini Sud / M�diterran�e
Integration Architect / OW2 PEtALS Comitter
www.capgemini.com
Porte de l'Ar�nas - Entr�e B / 455 Promenade des Anglais / 06200 Nice / FRANCE
Join the Collaborative Business Experience

http://forum.petalslink.com/viewtopic.php?p=30914#30914