[General] Supported Standards and Specifications

vzurczak vincent.zurczak at petalslink.com
Wed Mar 16 10:21:17 CET 2011

Hi,

There is no centralized list.
However, here is a short overview (from memory) of the standards and specifications Petals platforms deal with.

Petals ESB

+ The container and the components are based on the JBI specification.
+ Petals supports both specifications of WSDL 1.1 and WSDL 2.0.
+ The Petals SOAP component supports SOAP and parts of WS-Security (I can't remember to which extent we used WS-Security in production but we did use it).
+ The Petals BPEL component supports BPEL 2.0.
+ The Petals Notification component is based on our own implementation of WS-Notification.
+ The Petals JSR-181 component supports JSR-181 and a part of JAX-WS (since it uses Axis2 behind).
+ The Petals XSLT component supports XSLT and the Petals Validation component supports XML-schema based validation (XML-related components).

+ Some of our components support WS-addressing (our roadmap plans to extend this support to all our components).
+ The Petals SCA component supports SCA 1.0 (BTW, a release of this component is planned for the end of August).
+ I know there is ongoing work in R&D about WS-Agreement, SAWSDL and support of BPMN 2.0 (to generate directly BPEL processes).

That's for the direct SOA-related things.

Petals Master

+ Petals Master supports UDDI Inquiry v2 and UDDI Inquiry v3.
+ There is ongoing R&D work to define service contracts with WS-agreement.

Maybe others could complete my answer if I have forgotten anything. :)

http://forum.petalslink.com/viewtopic.php?p=31362#31362