[General] Petals VM : Unbuntu, Debian ? What tools to include ?

cdeneux christophe.deneux at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 10:21:24 CET 2011

Which version are you using: Gnome, Server, Netbook, ... Perhaps can you use remove some big package ?

2010/5/11 Mathieu <mathieu.lebreton at petalslink.com (mathieu.lebreton at petalslink.com)>

>  	 	Hi,
>
> We are (re)building a Petals Virtual Machine, including many of the Petals Software.
> The goal is to start trying Petals easily. It replaces the older Petals Quickstart.
> Tutorials will be published for that VM.
>
> We have (at Petals Link) a VM, with Petals ESB 3.0.3, Studio beta2, View and Master, TomCat, and some other tools, using Ubuntu 9.10
> We would like to upgrade it, and publish it.
>
> What are your preferences about the OS used ?
> Ubuntu is a bit heavy. Would a Debian fit ?
>
> What would be useful to include in the VM ?
>

> Petals ESB, the open source ESB (http://petals.ow2.org) based on standards, and distributed along multiple servers.

Christophe DENEUX / Capgemini Sud / M�diterran�e
Integration Architect / OW2 PEtALS Comitter
www.capgemini.com
Porte de l'Ar�nas - Entr�e B / 455 Promenade des Anglais / 06200 Nice / FRANCE
Join the Collaborative Business Experience

http://forum.petalslink.com/viewtopic.php?p=30978#30978