[Users] What's the differnet bettween error and fault?

fgardes petals-use at ebmwebsourcing.com
Wed Mar 16 10:25:22 CET 2011

If I Understand:
1- a fault into an exchange throw a Consumer or a Provider problem : the actors can't dialog correctly. So the exchange status is Active if I throw a fault. It will be done by the partner for each mep. It's a JBI specification.
Are you agree with this?
2-an error into an exchange throw a PEtALS problem : the ESB can't dialog correctly. So the exchange status is Error if I throw an error. It's a PEtALs specification.
Are you agree with this too?
3-And the exchange will be done by the partner for each mep? Or it's finished and the message will be to the Error status forever, never switch to Done status? It persists forever? The monitoring will see it forever active too?

You can easily understand my questions if I say you that I can have thousands and thousands exchanges on Error status active into my pattern, and wouldn't  like crash the component, but do something for a great issue  [Rolling Eyes]

Read this forum topic online here:
http://petals.ebmwebsourcing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=304#304