[Users] SOAP Format for Fault attribute

hgerard petals-components at ebmwebsourcing.com
Wed Mar 16 10:25:39 CET 2011

Hi all

I try to pass an error throw the SOAP BC but the message I get is like :
   <soapenv:Body>
      <soapenv:Fault>
         <soapenv:faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode>
         <soapenv:faultstring>Fault occurred while processing.</faultstring>
      </soapenv:Fault>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

If I access to a web service serve by Axis or CXF, the message is like this :
   <soapenv:Body>
      <soapenv:Fault>
         <faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode>
         <faultstring>Fault occurred while processing.</faultstring>
      </soapenv:Fault>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

The problem is that with my SOAP Client (SCA Tuscany), the first message is not treated.
I can't retreive the code or the string of my fault.

Have you got an idea ?
I use Petals 2.2.1 and BC SOAP 3.1.2

Hervé

Read this forum topic online here: