[Users] [SE-SCA] JBI considerations...and EIP toolbox integrated!

fgardes petals-components at ebmwebsourcing.com
Wed Mar 16 10:28:16 CET 2011

Hi!
For information, a little summary of the conclusion of the workshop initiated internally under the SCA on PEtALS.

1-The JBI Binding of SCA just communicates to the Component through the head Composite Service the payload (MessageExchange->In or Fault NormalizedMessage ->Content). To be really JBI compliant, we have to communicates the global Exchange (MessageExchange->In or Fault NormalizedMessage), to keep attachments, security subject and properties. Of course, the JBI component have to retrieve a global Exchange from the Component through the head Composite Reference.

2-Today, we define component references at the design time (on the Eclipse SCA Designer) AND manually into the component Java implementation (with the annotation @Reference under an attribute with the same name of the reference into the .composite file. if we want to manage dynamically EIP SCA Components, we have to be able to add this reference into the implementation dynamically too. 2 ways:
At the Creation time. When you choose the name of the class and the interface to implement, it would be great to have an option (introspect references and add it as attributes). The implementation inherits from a provided by the EIP jar class which would have a method to catch all the references added.
At the Packaging time. When you package the SCA su, a  registry would be added to the package, containing all the references to each component. The EIP jar class would use it to catch the references added.
Or another way maybe of course ;)

3-The sorting of the references must be provided to be able to implement some EIP. So the order of creation (i.e. the order of the element node into the wsd:sequence into the .composite file) would have to be provided at the creation or packaging time.

That's all to be ready to another integrated world :D

Read this forum topic online here:
http://petals.ebmwebsourcing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=602#602