[Users] [SE-SCA] JBI considerations...and EIP toolbox integrated!

vzurczak petals-components at ebmwebsourcing.com
Wed Mar 16 10:28:29 CET 2011

Let's talk specifications

If they use SCA Tools to create an EIP configuration...
	The composite is the service (-unit), i.e. an EIP chain.

	There is one service on this composite, exposing the EIP chain. It promotes the service of one component.

	Every component in the composite is a used instance of an EIP (server, gather...).

	Every component reference targets a PEtALS service.

	The composite references are all the PEtALS services that are used in the EIP chain.

Pros and cons:
	Only one service is created. We expose the EIP chain, and not all the EIP links as services in the bus.

	It can be quite visual. Define a convention: the highest wire source is
before the wire below.

If there are too many references, the diagram will be very tall and quickly become unreadable, or unusuable. Users will have to use another editor, less visual.
	From the diagram, we can generate the implementation code. Order references correctly.
If we use libraries and arrays as parameters, it can be easy to to.

Code:
new ServerEIP( ref1, ref2, ref3 ).execute();

Where
ref is a referenced object (maybe a pre-defined structure) and ServerEIP a class defined in some EIP library, available as shared-library in PEtALS (and in the tooling).
And this way, we could generate the complete code.

The heavy part is to provide the binding.jbi information in the diagram. That must be solved separately (this is a current problem).

Use EID and generate an SCA application...

I explained before it would not be difficult to generate the code implementation from a composite.
The question in fact, is to know if the current tools will be enough for important EIP chains.
If users take the SCA Form editor, yes. If they want to keep the visual solution in any case, then I suggest us to remain with EID.

Like I said:
	An EIP => a component in the composite.

	A EIP SU node => a component reference.

	All the references are promoted.

	The first EIP component service is promoted by the composite.

It's all about user experience.
EID could allow us to generate a composite, and from a complete composite, we could generate the code.
So, that could be an interesting extension.

Read this forum topic online here:
http://petals.ebmwebsourcing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=605#605