[Users] Class not found exception with custom soap BC

rnaudin petals-components at ebmwebsourcing.com
Wed Mar 16 10:28:32 CET 2011

Hello,
There is often problems with the Xerces versions.
We use the JDK provided one everywhere in our PEtALS container. The SOAP 3.1.2 is using Xerces-2.8.1, so it has load Xerces classes from this library when it has received your message.
What i don't understand is that the classloader of the SOAP component is a child to the classloader of the container, so the container can load its own classes of Xerces.

 [Question] BUT what you are facing and according to your explainations, it seems that the classloader of the container has unexpected Xerces 2.8.1 classes already loaded and try to reach some others classes from Xerces 2.8.1, but couldn't because it don't have the Xerces 2.8.1 in its classpath.

Try to use the lattest SOAP component 3.2, the embedded Xerces 2.8.1 has been removed, or try the parameter classloader.isolated=true in the server.properties. This parameter leads to the creation of  component classloader that inherit of the system classloader, and not the container classloader, with permit to avoid some classloading issues between container and components.

 [Idea] One of our challenge is to inspire us of OSGI classloading mechanisms and report it in our component framework, Fractal.

regards,
/Roland

Read this forum topic online here:
http://petals.ebmwebsourcing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=646#646