[Users] Deploy components from classes and not from zip ?

vjao petals-components at ebmwebsourcing.com
Wed Mar 16 10:28:40 CET 2011

Hello,

I am currently developping different SE, BC, SA and SUs with maven. Everything works so far but I have a question about the development method.

What I found annoying is that you need to re-deploy your component everytime you change it, which can be often during developpement. And by re-deploying, I mean uninstaling the previous version and installing the new one. That is really time consuming. Even with ant tasks, you still need to "ant stop shutdown undeploy deploy start". And you can only do that once all the SA's have been undeployed from the SE or BC.

So my first question is : Am I doing things correctly or have I missed something ? Is there a better way to develop components ?

My second question : is it possible to deploy a compoment from the classes and not from the zip. Just like web application that can load classes from jar and classes ? If not, what so you think of this idea ?

Thanks in advance for your answers !

Vincent

Read this forum topic online here:
http://petals.ebmwebsourcing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=648#648