[Users] Using ftp binding components

rnaudin roland.naudin at ebmwebsourcing.com
Wed Mar 16 10:36:02 CET 2011

Hi,

Your question is not very clear.

 [Question] You mean that you expose the FTP service with the BC SOAP as Web service?

 [Arrow] the Put operation the code says that it accepts InOnly and RobustInOnly MEP. So it returns only an acknowledgement and no response message.
That means the the FTP WSDL is wrong.
 [Arrow] for the Get operation it is more complex.:If we put the retrieve file in the content of the response, we cannot describe it in the WSDL as we don't know the structure.
The current WSDL do not set any structure for the response message. It's wrong. We should set a root element, and then an any element in the root element.
An interesting feature would be that the user of FTP set the structure it expected in the WSDL of the SU, with a nice tool as in PEtALS Eclipse plugin. Then at runtime the FTP component control the received message against the SU WSDL and accept or not the file. Nice feature but we are short in hands for that  [Evil or Very Mad]
A workaround for that point, as said by mathieu, can be to use the Mget that put the retrieve file as attachement to the response message.

For the fixes in the WSDL, i don't know when we will do that.
Regards

Read this forum topic online here:
http://petals.ebmwebsourcing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=935#935