[Users] Webconsole - Monitoring

rnaudin roland.naudin at ebmwebsourcing.com
Wed Mar 16 10:38:53 CET 2011

Hi,

Good question [Embarassed]
The monitoring tool was only a demonstration of the monitoring possibilities.
Unfortunally, this solution was not usable in production environments, in other words 'real world'.
The message was duplcated in memory in Petals ESB, serialized via JMX notification.
In the WebConsole side, the messages was received via JMX and stored in an embedded database IN the war.

The result was that the PETALS ESB duplicates its memory consumption and the Webconsole was storing only the message received; if the JMX connection failed, the message were lost.
Moreover, embedding a database IN a war is not a proper solution. The J2EE server is here for that.

So, as the global architecture was to tricky, we decided to postpone the monitoring, which is a key point for Petals ESB, when we will have a proper and robust solution.
Since then, we are very, very busy... [Evil or Very Mad] to respond to some customers demands, so we didn't have the time to propose the final solution on that point.
We have done some work around EDA and WS notification, more for business monitoring or supervision.
We will have something for technical monitoring, but not relaying on the EDA/WS notif. Something more light and less intrusive on the bus flows.
 [Arrow] It will comes once. Once a time...

http://petals.ebmwebsourcing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=30395#30395