[Users] [BPEL] BPEL directly invoking JBI services.

vzurczak vincent.zurczak at ebmwebsourcing.com
Wed Mar 16 10:41:06 CET 2011

Hi Seb,

seb.wytt wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm still new to BPEL on Petals, can you confirm me this simple question?
>
> The BPEL invocation mechanism implies to have partner links specified based on WSDL descriptions. So in order to call a partner service inside the bus (JBI service), this one must be exposed on the bus through SOAP consume and invoked from BPEL through SOAP, right?
>
> Isn't it possible to have JBI services inside the bus invoked directly from BPEL (same way as EIP) without going through SOAP layer?
>
> Thank you for any answer.
>
> Regards,
> Seb!

In fact, if the service is already exposed in the bus, you do not need to create a SOAP configuration.
This inner service is expected to have a WSDL, that you reference in your BPEL. Only the BPEL SU is required.

If one of the orchestrated service is outisde the bus, and is a web service, then you need to create a SOAP provides to expose this service inside the bus.
And only then, you will be able to call this service in your BPEL.

Eventually, if you want to expose your BPEL process as a web service, outside the bus, then you need to create a SOAP consume to expose your BPEL as an external service (so that you can call it from outisde the bus).

http://forum.petalslink.com/viewtopic.php?p=30567#30567