[Users] how to use a petals endpoint in java

vzurczak vincent.zurczak at petalslink.com
Wed Mar 16 10:55:27 CET 2011

Hi,

tilto wrote:
> I've just tried to use the Petals SCA tools from "Use a Petals technical service" but I don't know how to use my Petals component with this way. So I'm going to see how work BPEL. But if you have any suggestion for SCA integration and use with Petals I'm interested.

Regarding SCA, one first point.
The component version available on the web site is the former version. It should not work on Petals 3.0.
The working version is in the trunk, and will undergo some new changes with respect to the Petals Studio.

Indeed, despite all the tools available in Eclipse STP, SCA with Petals is indeed a little bit complex to use.
However, it is feasible. It only requires some patience.
The changes to perform will be mainly made in the Petals tools.

Here is how you would have to do if you want to use the trunk version anyway.

Once you've created an SCA project for Petals (using the Petals SCA wizard), complete your SCA application.
Basically, to chain calls inside the bus with SCA, you have to create one component with a Java implementation, and references to all the services you want to call.

Each reference must have a JBI binding (and only a JBI binding if you are using a Beta version of the studio).
The reference interface must be created from the service's WSDL, using a WSDL to Java tool. Axis2 and CXF work well.
Make sure the databinding used in this transformation is JAX-B.

Thus, all the services to call are available in the Java implementation as Java fields.
To chain the calls, you then only need to call the required operations (methods) on these fields.
Once your application is done, package it using the right-click action.
The jbi.xml will be generated at this moment.

The expected improvements in the tools will be about the creation of JBI references on the component.
With crreation wizards and drag'n'drop features, we will be able to reduce the creation time (reference, JBI binding, WSDL to Java...) to less than two minutes.
For the moment, though, you have to make a lot of things by hand.

http://forum.petalslink.com/viewtopic.php?p=30735#30735