[Users] [SCA-JBI] Replacing SMX EIP SE in SMX ESB with Petals SCA SE

vzurczak vincent.zurczak at petalslink.com
Wed Mar 16 11:00:08 CET 2011

ObjectOrange wrote:
> So it's planned that Petals will have a full release of the SCA JBI Service Engine by end of August?

Indeed. ;)

ObjectOrange wrote:
> To return to the prior question, let's see if I can be more specific. Is it possible now to orchestrate JBI service endpoints deployed in JBI components other than the SCA JBI component but within the same Petals ESB using an SCA composite deployed to the SCA JBI component? Basically, can the service endpoints that are orchestrated by the SCA composite be located in other JBI components or must they be located within the SCA JBI Service Engine?

The references can target any end-point in the bus, no matter on which component or node they are running on.

ObjectOrange wrote:
> If so, is this accomplished using a WSDL reference in the designer?

It is achieved by defining references in your composite and putting a JBI binding on these references (each SCA runtime can define new bindings, implementations and interfaces).
The runtime we use (OW2 FraSCAti) has defines a specific SCA binding for JBI. Each JBI binding defines the properties of the Petals end-point to call.
The interface of each reference is the WSDL interface of the called service.

And the implementation of the components can only be Java for the moment.
The planned work on the tooling aims at making the definition of these Petals SCA references as simple as possible.

http://forum.petalslink.com/viewtopic.php?p=31136#31136