[Users] [SCA-JBI] Replacing SMX EIP SE in SMX ESB with Petals SCA SE

ObjectOrange brian at briantaylor.us
Wed Mar 16 11:00:11 CET 2011

Thanks vzurczak!

Are the 'Components' in the SCA composite model the same as the JBI Components (Binding Components/Service Engines)? For example, we have a Saxon SE (JBI) for transformations with each XSLT being exposed as a Service Endpoint on the JBI bus, a JSR181 SE (JBI) for data services, an EIP SE (JBI) to orchestrate the services, an HTTP BC (JBI) providing bindings to the EIP route services, and a File BC providing bindings to the File system.

The service orchestration basically looks like this (using the JBI components, each with needed services registered):

HTTP BC -> EIP Pipeline Route -> Saxon SE -> EIP Pipeline Route -> JSR181 SE -> EIP Pipeline Route -> Saxon SE -> File BC

If we were to replace the EIP Pipeline Routes, we hope it would look like this:

HTTP BC -> SCA SE -> Saxon SE -> SCA SE -> JSR181 SE -> SCA SE -> Saxon SE -> SCA SE -> File BC

Of course the JBI NMR is handling the '->' transitions and each BC/SE was developed in Java but they do not use any SCA annotations. The can only be accessed using the JBI NMR.

Is this possible with the SCA SE component as-is? Are the referenced service endpoints in the references actual JBI service endpoints? If not, is it envisioned to support this?

Respectfully,
Brian

http://forum.petalslink.com/viewtopic.php?p=31137#31137