[Users] Where can I find Petals Hello World docs ?

vzurczak vincent.zurczak at petalslink.com
Wed Mar 16 11:00:31 CET 2011

Hi. :)

laurent wrote:
> vzurczak, you said :
>

> > 1. Create two Web Services using JAX-WS. Deploy them on Tomcat, import them in Petals, and create the BPEL orchestration...
>

> And in Petals ESB documentation I have read that Petals ESB doesn't require any applications server.
>
> Have I to use Tomcat or Petals ESB can do without it ?

Petals does not need a server to run.
It is already a server. But it is not a container for web services.
If you want to work with web services, you should have a Tomcat.
Or use JAXWS directly...
Or implement a native Petals service in order to orchestrate it.

laurent wrote:
> I haven't reached to create BPEL between 2 Web services, do you have a simple example with a simple BPEL ?

You could check the web page of our BPEL engine (http://easybpel.petalslink.com/).
I'm not sure though that it would help you to create your own BPEL. Have you started with the Petals Studio to create a BPEL project?

The most important step is to have the services to orchestrate first.
And only then you will be able to focus on the BPEL.

http://forum.petalslink.com/viewtopic.php?p=31184#31184