[Users] BPEL on Petals: invoking operation without input

leofl [via Petals Forums] ml-node+s974793n3517741h45 at n3.nabble.com
Fri Nov 18 04:08:32 CET 2011

Hello,

I'm in trouble to make a BPEL project work on Petals.
I have already successfully run a BPEL process that just encapsulates an
invokation to another web service, whose invoked operation just receives a
string and returns another string. So, I now my dev and deploy processes are
OK.

The project which I'm failing on tries to do pretty much the same, but with
one difference: the invoked operation hasn't any input parameters. I'm not
sure if this is the real difference that makes things not work, but there is
no friendly error message.

The invoked web service were generated with JAX-WS, based on the following
interface:

When I try to deploy the service assembly on Petals, I receive the following
stack trace:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18183156/choreos/stack_trace.txt

Here are the service unit (which includes the BPEL file and the WSDL of the
invoked service):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18183156/choreos/su-BPEL-FuncProcess-provide.zip

I've validated the BPEL file, and Petals Studio told me it was OK.

Print screen of process diagram in Petals Studio:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18183156/choreos/petals.png

If all this problem was because a bad BPEL, Petals Studio shouldn't tell me?

Doesn't the BPEL engine provides a log where I could read more friendly
error messages?

Why Petals Studio doesn't allow me to empty the "input variable" of an
invokation? According BPEL specification it is an optional field, is not?

Thanks in advance,
Leonardo Leite
IME - USP

http://forum.petalslink.com/BPEL-on-Petals-invoking-operation-without-input-tp3517741p3517741.html