[Users] How to integrate the WebService and JDBC feature

njchenyi [via Petals Forums] ml-node+s974793n3631910h84 at n3.nabble.com
Wed Jan 4 15:00:21 CET 2012

Thank you for your quickly reply.

I have finished step 1 and 2. I have some suggestions for the Tutorials.
Because read somewhere, I was confused.

1. In step 1, there mentioned "The Petals SQL component is generic. It needs
to be associated with a shared library (MySQL in your case)." I created a
file named petals-bc-sql-1.2--patched.zip. But I could not find anywhere to
use this file in next steps.

2. In step 2, I can quickly finished followed the tutorial "Accessing a SQL
database through a Service", except when I want to deploy it. Because I used
the test environment, after that, I should change the database connection to
the real environment. I was afraid to I should redo the this step for
changing database connection parameters. Lucky, I found it could be done by
changing the jbi.xml file in "Source" model. I think this should be
mentioned clearly in the tutorial. Because, normally the Petals studio
displayed the "General" model.

3. After I put the petals-bc-sql, petals-sl-mysql and
petals-bc-sql--patched(this was I opinion, I could not find anymore in the
tutorial) in the Petals platform's "install" directory and run platform
without error and warning. At that time I thought how to undeply it. Because
after running the platform, the files in the "install" directory were moved.
And I tried to delete the files in the "installed" directory. But it still
could not undeploy it. Can you give me the answer?

Thank you for your help. I will try to do the next step tomorrow. I hope it
will be well.

http://forum.petalslink.com/How-to-integrate-the-WebService-and-JDBC-feature-tp3628769p3631910.html
To start a new topic under Users (get help, provide help), email ml-node+s974793n2681628h42 at n3.nabble.com