[Users] Listen to SOAP Message

Vincent Zurczak [via Petals Forums] ml-node+s974793n3848688h2 at n3.nabble.com
Thu Mar 22 15:36:13 CET 2012

Hi,

I guess you are using Petals 3. Its' not easy to do that.
With Petals 4, you can do that by
http://doc.petalslink.com/display/petalsesb40/Logging+in+PETALS enabling
MONIT-MSG logs . This will print all the messages processed by the SOAP BC.
And about response times and so on, this should be managed in a different
way. Obviously, you can compute this information from the log times. In
fact, this is the only solution right now.

But the solution we are working on now is based on probes in components.
Probes can be counters, average and/or extreme values. These probes will be
reachable throgh SNMP (and maybe JMX), so that well-known tools can work
with them (think about Nagios as an example).

In fact, there are two different levels: monitoring the message flows
(message content, message correlation) and monitoring of the platform
(response time, pool use, number of processed messages...). These two levels
also match different kinds of users and requirements.

-----
« Petals M.D. »
http://forum.petalslink.com/Listen-to-SOAP-Message-tp3848627p3848688.html
To start a new topic under Users (get help, provide help), email ml-node+s974793n2681628h42 at n3.nabble.com