[Users] A WSDL file could not be imported

Vincent Zurczak vincent.zurczak at petalslink.com
Thu Jan 10 17:46:56 CET 2013

Hi,

stagirus wrote
> 1. CXF generated WSDL files contain a complete definition of schema for
> each WSDL file. These definitions get repeated for every WSDL file. CXF
> correctly maintains namespaces according to Java package names. In the
> past, we had some challenges with Open ESB because of this issue. Their
> ESB/Studio complained that it could not use the same object definitions
> across multiple services because each service had its own schema
> definitions. So, my team had to manually extract the common schema
> definitions into a separate/shared schema file. This was a laborious
> process. How does Petals Studio handle this issue? Is this even an issue
> with Petals?

Actually, I am not sure of understanding the issue. Somehow, I deduce this
is probably not an issue with Petals. :)
In Petals, and in the studio, there is no global WSDL registry. Each project
/ service unit has its own directory. And the ESB's service registry puts a
clear separation between WSDLs that are associated to different services.
The jbi.xml is the key. The WSDL is a complement.

stagirus wrote
> 2. I have several CXF services/WSDLs to be imported into Petals Studio.
> Rather than saving and importing of each service/WSDL at a time, can
> Petals Studio import all WSDLs available on the App Server folder
> (/services) at once?

I guess you are only working with the SOAP component.
This is not possible in the studio, since it is a very specific usage.
However, it would be possible to reuse the code of the studio to
automatically generate service-units projets (or archives) from a set of
given WSDL. That would be a new program based on the studio's code.

-----
« Petals M.D. »