[Users] Connect easierBSM to Petals ESB

mh@bpt marcin.hewelt at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Fri Jul 26 10:03:48 CEST 2013

Thanks for this clarification.

jlesbegueries wrote
> It is basically an ESB with monitoring features (additional components and
> administration). For instance the connectToESB operation allows to connect
> a compliant ESB, in order to launch its monitoring.More precisely,
> EasierBSM is an EasyESB with additional components and administration
> (sla-manager, wsdm-monitoring, data-collector components and bsm
> administration).

Does this mean, I don't need to run EasyESB / Petals DSB because EasierBSM
has an ESB included? Is there a CLI or a GUI like the Petals webconsole to
administer EasierBSM (add nodes, deploy endpoints etc.) or to I need to use
the SOAP endpoints adminExternalEndpoint and bsmadminExternalEndpoint?

I tried to connect to a running Petals ESB (on localhost,
JMXRMIConnectionPort was 7700) via the connectToESB operation. I just put
*localhost:7700* between the connectToEsb tags. I got back a fault. Do I
have to connect to a different port, or writet the address differently?

Caused by: Technical Fault
com.ebmwebsourcing.esstar.management.AdminManagementClientSOAP.getResourceIdentifiers(AdminManagementClientSOAP.java:379)
com.ebmwebsourcing.easierbsm.wsdm.monitoring.core.impl.WSDMMonitoringEngineBehaviourImpl.synchronize(WSDMMonitoringEngineBehaviourImpl.java:539)
com.ebmwebsourcing.easyesb.technical.service.admin.impl.endpoint.behaviour.BSMAdminEndpointBehaviourImpl.connectToEsb(BSMAdminEndpointBehaviourImpl.java:350)
com.ebmwebsourcing.easyesb.technical.service.admin.impl.endpoint.behaviour.BSMAdminEndpointBehaviourImpl.execute(BSMAdminEndpointBehaviourImpl.java:189)
[...]
Caused by: destination address cannot be null
com.ebmwebsourcing.easycommons.soap.handler.SOAPSender.sendSoapRequest(SOAPSender.java:64)
com.ebmwebsourcing.esstar.management.AdminManagementClientSOAP.getResourceIdentifiers(AdminManagementClientSOAP.java:360)
com.ebmwebsourcing.easierbsm.wsdm.monitoring.core.impl.WSDMMonitoringEngineBehaviourImpl.synchronize(WSDMMonitoringEngineBehaviourImpl.java:539)
com.ebmwebsourcing.easyesb.technical.service.admin.impl.endpoint.behaviour.BSMAdminEndpointBehaviourImpl.connectToEsb(BSMAdminEndpointBehaviourImpl.java:350)
com.ebmwebsourcing.easyesb.technical.service.admin.impl.endpoint.behaviour.BSMAdminEndpointBehaviourImpl.execute(BSMAdminEndpointBehaviourImpl.java:189)
[...]

jlesbegueries wrote
> If you want to look further on EasierBSM, I advise you to look on the test
> units of bsm-distribution project:
> https://svn.petalslink.org/svnroot/trunk/research/dev/experimental/easierbsm/bsm-distribution/src/test/java/com/ebmwebsourcing/easierbsm/BSMTest.java
> <https://svn.petalslink.org/svnroot/trunk/research/dev/experimental/easierbsm/bsm-distribution/src/test/java/com/ebmwebsourcing/easierbsm/BSMTest.java>
>
> where a test connects an EasyESB node to EasierBSM node, a WS is bound to
> EasyESB, a subscription on EasierBSM is made, and some notifications (QoS,
> actually WS-DM OperationMetrics objects) are retrieved while the WS is
> invoked.

Thanks for this hint, I will look at the tests.

Best Regards!