[General] Any experience with large attachment in an SOA platform ?

cdeneux christophe.deneux at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 10:20:54 CET 2011

Hi,

Are you sure ? It seems to me that the attachments are stored only memory when they are exchanged betwwen containers. So you need to set your heap max size to a very big value to be able to exchange  few Gb. And on 32bits systems you it should not be possible to set the heap over 2Gb ?

Christophe

2010/4/24 ccasadei <charles.casadei at gmail.com (charles.casadei at gmail.com)>

>  	 	Last year when I was writing the BC-SFTP component, I tested it with huge files attachements such a VM image (a few Gb of data if I remember well), in distributed mode (between a mac acting as SFTP server with a Petals ESB node on it and a Linux station with another Petals ESB node with a Filetransfer consume), and I never encountered any problem. The only big problem with file attachements is connection loss between the two petals node...

Christophe DENEUX / Capgemini Sud / M�diterran�e
Integration Architect / OW2 PEtALS Comitter
www.capgemini.com
Porte de l'Ar�nas - Entr�e B / 455 Promenade des Anglais / 06200 Nice / FRANCE
Join the Collaborative Business Experience

http://forum.petalslink.com/viewtopic.php?p=30917#30917