[General] Petals VM : Unbuntu, Debian ? What tools to include ?

Mathieu mathieu.lebreton at petalslink.com
Wed Mar 16 10:21:04 CET 2011

Hi,

We are (re)building a Petals Virtual Machine, including many of the Petals Software.
The goal is to start trying Petals easily. It replaces the older Petals Quickstart.
Tutorials will be published for that VM.

We have (at Petals Link) a VM, with Petals ESB 3.0.3, Studio beta2, View and Master, TomCat, and some other tools, using Ubuntu 9.10
We would like to upgrade it, and publish it.

What are your preferences about the OS used ?
Ubuntu is a bit heavy. Would a Debian fit ?

What would be useful to include in the VM ?

http://forum.petalslink.com/viewtopic.php?p=30976#30976