[General] Technical information of component for monitoring

cdeneux christophe.deneux at petalslink.com
Wed Mar 16 10:21:21 CET 2011

Le lundi 23 août 2010 à 16:32 +0200, rnaudin a écrit :

> > [Arrow] About incoming and outcoming processing time, there already time handled in the Router Monitor.
> > Once the queues evolution done in the NMR, the time spend in NMR queue can be too handled by the Router Monitor. So you will have all the time spent at each step of an exchange life hold in the  Router Monitor.
> > Maybe BCs can propose a transfer processing time? it's up to the BCs implementors, as specific data for specific component will be possible.

 Yes, it's a specific data. Have we no way to get it at the kernel level, perhaps with an extension to the JBI API ? If the component doen't support this API extension the feature is deactivated.

> > [Arrow] Number of established connection, good point, as we spoke to pool the connections when possible in all the components, a pool with only 'dynamic' elements (no permanent element).
> > BTW, what is the difference between
> >
> > > connection status (connected, disconnected)
> > >
> > and
> >
> > > number of established connections

 Yes, they are close and linked. "Number of established connections" is more precise than the other one:
connection status = (number of established connection > 1)
We should keep "Number of established connections"

> > [Arrow] Differ the fault and error, ok, not to hard.
> >
> > [Arrow] Message per endpoint. I was speaking by SU, as a SU is the administrable element, but we can 'fine grained' to endpoint. We must know what SU is bound to what endpoint in that case.
> > Although, there is endpoints that can be activated directly by component, so not bound to an SU.
> > Just a litlle more complex to handle in the CDK.

 This can permit to verify the HA at service level.

http://forum.petalslink.com/viewtopic.php?p=31508#31508