[Users] How to set up multicast using dynamic mode

chamerling petals-use at ebmwebsourcing.com
Wed Mar 16 10:25:46 CET 2011

sbuchan wrote:
> Yes, I need to set up multicasting on both linux servers.  All the documentation that I am seeing on setting multicasting up on a linux server involves recompiling the kernel.

Not really sure about this. When a host wants to send multicast packets, it sends it on a multicast IP, I really do not think that you need to recompile the kernel to do such a thing. You just need to oconfigure the networks routers to allow multicast packets.

sbuchan wrote:
> Is there another alternative solution to set this up so I can add new esbs to the domain dynamically instead of having to create a new topology.xml file for each esb when a new one is added?

The only thing you need to set in the topology file is to set up the multicast parameters. Since the topology is dynamic, you do not have to declare your petals nodes here.

Read this forum topic online here:
http://petals.ebmwebsourcing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=366#366