[Users] Corba support with JBI4Corba in Petals

jmt petals-components at ebmwebsourcing.com
Wed Mar 16 10:32:43 CET 2011

Hi,

It doen´t seem to be that bad.

I have managed to get JBI4Corba Source from SVN repository (http://sourceforge.net/projects/jbi4corba/develop) making the Corba endpoint to work.
Debugging the component it seemed that the problem was that the JBI4Corba component was not identifying the services offered from the jbi.xml file as it was.

I have modified the jbi.xml to something simpler, withouth especific jbi namespace and also aligning the endpoint name with the wsdl port name and seems to work:

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jbi xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jbi"
	xmlns:corba_urn="http://Hello" version="1.0">

        <services binding-component="true">

		<!-- Import a Service into PEtALS => provides a Service. -->
		<provides
			interface-name="corba_urn:HelloPortType"
			service-name="corba_urn:Hello"
			endpoint-name="HelloCorbaPort"/>
	</services>
</jbi>

With this definition, the component identifies the provides section and the endpoint is created.

An additional thing to do is to have in the classpath of the ESB the IDL2Java compiler available in the tools.jar of the jdk.
What I did for the test was just to copy the tools.jar to my jre lib/ext directory.

Now I have the corba endpoint registered and the Java classes generated.

I still need to try in the whole thing works with the Corba service listening.

jmt

Read this forum topic online here:
http://petals.ebmwebsourcing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=802#802