[Users] How to generate a WSDL 1

vzurczak vincent.zurczak at petalslink.com
Wed Mar 16 10:56:59 CET 2011

tilto wrote:
> Hello,
> There is something that I don't understand when we expose a Petals service : what is the location of the web service (if it is a web service) and how can we generate the WSDL ? We have to make it by hands?

Hi,

Well, it depends on what you mean by "expose". :)
The first thing to mention is that Petals is a container.
What is inside the container (the bus) is not visible outside, and what is outside is not visible inside.

When we say you "import" a service inside Petals, that you "provide" one, you just make this service be visible in the bus.
And it can only be called by a service / consumer which is inside the bus. You cannot see its WSDL (except if you are using Petals introspection tools).
A service consumer or a client cannot.

To do so, the service must be reeexposed outside, using a binding component.
If you are reexposing this service with the SOAP BC (you reexpose the service as a web service), then this BC forces the URL look.
Generally, it is:

> http://127.0.0.1:8084/petals/services/<soapConsumeaddress>?wsdl

where <soapConsumeaddress> is specified in the jbi.xml of the SOAP configuration.
I think, but I'm not sure, that this URL can be customized in the jbi.xml of the SOAP component.

http://forum.petalslink.com/viewtopic.php?p=30827#30827