[Users] Petals Master Functionality

ph.marcy philippe.marcy at twinsoft.de
Wed Mar 16 10:59:49 CET 2011

Hi,

I've read in the Dragon (Petals Master) documentation that one can create a SLA (which is described using the WS-Agreement standard). So Petals Master allows (or will allow) providers to express guarantees on the QoS of the services they provide to consumers, and probably to monitor the services to ensure that these guarantees are observed.

We can imagine other scenarios of use of QoS (and more generally non-functional) properties (e.g. cost, answer time, availability, security, popularity...). For instance:

- At design time, an application developer has to choose between several functionally equivalent services to accomplish a particular task. He makes his choice considering a description of the services' NFPs, e.g. to optimize the quality/cost ratio.

- At runtime, a call to a "virtual service" is automatically routed by the ESB to the service with the best NFPs. This assumes that a common interface (in the form of what I've called a "virtual service") can be defined for a set of (if necessary preselected) functionally-equivalent services. And also that the NFPs descriptions are dynamically updated.

Will such scenarios be dealt with by Petals Master? Are they actually realistic?

Thanks in advance

Philippe Marcy

http://forum.petalslink.com/viewtopic.php?p=31101#31101