[Users] [BPEL] BPEL directly invoking JBI services. [Resolved]

vzurczak vincent.zurczak at petalslink.com
Wed Mar 16 10:59:48 CET 2011

Hi,

You probably moved forward, but here is an answer if anyone is wondering the same thing.

seb.wytt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was then wondering: if instead I would like to call inside BPEL an external WS :
> - can I do it directly through its WSDL (in this case how does SE-BPEL knows that it has to invoke the service's url and not a jbi service?)
> - or do I have to expose the service inside the bus to then call it in JBI from BPEL?
>
> Thank you,
> Seb!

The second solution is the one Petals requires.
However, if you use the studio, you can go through the first solution. That is to say you can reference any WSDL, the service being in the bus or not.
Then, when you export your sketch project, you will be asked about the creation of several projects. Among them, there will be proposals to create SOAP configurations (meaning expose the external services in Petals). Thus, the sketching way provides a fair level of abstraction with respect to Petals constraints.

http://forum.petalslink.com/viewtopic.php?p=31095#31095