[Users] Configuration of components

vzurczak vincent.zurczak at petalslink.com
Tue Mar 15 12:08:43 CET 2011

jihad22 wrote:
> I have a java application that generates a file, this file will be sent to an other java application

The FileTransfer BC would suit better. ;)

jihad22 wrote:
> In my project i must have all types or ways of connectors in the ESB, because (for example) when a new application must be connected to the ESB using a specific connector, this connector should have been already deployed in the ESB and i'll not be obliged to configure it and deploy it and waste time to do this

You cannot expect the ESB to be ready to do anything at anytime. ESBs are not magic.
If you have a new application to integrate, then you will have to create a new component configuration, and maybe to deploy another component if it is not already deployed.

But you cannot foresee all your needs at the beginning.
Incremental approaches limit risks of failure. And still, this is not the way you would take?

By the way, configurations are not meant to waste time. :)
They ease reusabaility and reduce the amount of code to write. In fact, components are intended to mutualize code. The usual example we give is the XSLT component. Writing a XSL transformation in Java is always the same. Instead of writing the same code over and over again, with potential errors, why not put this code in a component and give it the parameters to use? The time you spend to configure a component, it is time you do not spend to develop and to debug your code. And configuration takes less time. XSLT is the simple example. Think about communicating with an EJB or a JMS server.

http://forum.petalslink.com/viewtopic.php?p=31753#31753