[Users] BC-FTP: Specifies directory to read from

vzurczak vincent.zurczak at petalslink.com
Thu Mar 17 13:04:03 CET 2011

I indicated you some options, among which the FileTransfer and the FTP components.
But since I do not know anything about your applications, I don't see what I could add.

In any way, to transfer the file, you will have to use the FileTransfer BC.
Using something else or not depends on your applications. If the second one is located on the same machine (or file system), I would only use the FT component. If it is located somewhere else, you could either use another FT instance (and let Petals deal with the file transfer - instead of delegating it to a FTP server), or use a FTP server and the Petals FTP component, or something else....

There are several ways of doing it and I have given you an example two messages above.
I cannot help you more with your integration (even if it is the kind of thing I could do in consulting business activity). I already reply to your questions while I have other tasks in progress. All I can do is helping you on Petals, but the way Petals fits to your needs is under your responsilbility. You should take a look at the available components use cases in the wiki. None exactly describes yours, but they illustrate the way components are supposed to work together in the ESB. This should give you a hint about how to solve your integration issue.

About the problem with the FileTransfer BC...
Everything you showed me seems normal. Except the error you get. It does not makes sense and I can't reproduce this error. :x
One other solution could be to use another client to invoke your FileTransfer service. One way to do is to proxify it as a web service (take a look at the studio's wiki).
It means you have to create a service consumer for your FileTransfer SU. Deploy it in Petals with the SOAP BC, and create a web service client for this service.
This is another solution to test your service, that I often use. :)

http://forum.petalslink.com/viewtopic.php?p=31780#31780