[Users] Instructions on communicating 2+ petals bpel process and services

Vincent Zurczak vincent.zurczak at petalslink.com
Mon Jan 21 10:09:55 CET 2013

Hi,

glaucus wrote
> I'm developing an orchestration that orchestrate other orchestrations
> (instead of services).

In Petals, an orchestration is mandatorily a service.
It is a way of implementing a service contract, by invoking other services.

glaucus wrote
> Questions:
> I guess I'll have to create a service unit on soap for each one, making
> them internally visible. Is that right?

It depends...
What "each one" refers to? The async BPEL processes?
In a general matter, all the services to orchestrate must be "visible"
inside Petals. If these services are available as web services, then, you
will have to create one service-unit (provider mode) for every of them.

glaucus wrote
> Do I have to externally expose all the eleven processes? (I guess no)

No, only the ones you want to invoke from outside the ESB.

glaucus wrote
> I think the jbi.xml will have definitions on consume and provide, so, can
> you point me to an example of jbi.xml file like that (containing provide
> and consume directrices)?

Which jbi.xml? If you use both the SOAP and BPEL components, then none of
your jbi.xml will contain both a provides and a consumes section. One
section means one artifact.

You can follow the  tutorials of the studio
<https://doc.petalslink.com/display/petalsstudio13/Tutorials>   to create
the projects. Here, you want to import web services in Petals, create BPEL
processes and maybe expose one of them as a web service.

-----
« Petals M.D. »