[Users] Connect easierBSM to Petals ESB

Vincent Zurczak vincent.zurczak at petalslink.com
Thu Jul 25 12:06:02 CEST 2013

Hi,

mh at bpt wrote
> * What is the difference between Petals ESB, Petals DSB and easyESB?

Petals ESB is a production-ready ESB that implements the JBI specification
and leverages SOA principles to address issues in information systems.

Petals DSB is a research version of Petals ESB.
We could almost call it a fork, except that only some modules were modified
or added. The DSB experimented some features to enhance the scalability and
the routing. It also tried to simplify the  usage of the bus. Some of the
enhancements have been and will be contributed back into Petals ESB.

EasyESB is an experimental ESB that was developped to address issues in R&D
projects.
Personnally, I do not know this last one very well. For what I remember from
my discussions with Nicolas Salagté (who created it), it leverages SOA
principles and is easily testable. Despite the fact it was created by a
former Petals contributor, it can be considered to be independant of Petals
ESB.

mh at bpt wrote
> * Do all of them implement the JBI specification?

Petals ESB and the DSB implement it.
For what I know, EasyESB does not.

mh at bpt wrote
> * Can I connect easierBSM to a running Petals ESB 3.1.3 system?

Since EasierBSM can connect to the DSB, it should be, theoretically,
possible to connect to Petals ESB. However, if I had to do that, I would not
try to do it with Petals 3.x. Petals 4.x would be a better start.

For the record, EasierBSM is a R&D project that should influence the
governance in Petals ESB. Until Petals 3.x, included, there was Petals
Master. This project is now in stand-by (lack of resources). So, when
governance comes back in Petals top priorities, EasierBSM should be
considered as an option.

-----
« Petals M.D. »