[Users] Difficulties during recovery

Dirk petals-use at ebmwebsourcing.com
Wed Mar 16 10:27:12 CET 2011

Hi,

During our tests, sometimes we closed Petals without using the shutdown
command. (but this would be the same situation if a server goes down
unexpectedly during a power failure)
After that Petals didn't started up (didn't recovered)

Some research brought us to the point that in a file(system-state.xml)
in the repository directory some of the registered components are in a
state marked as 'UNKNOWN'
By removing these registrations we were able again to re-start/recover
Petals.

Questions :
a) Should Petals recover automatically ?
b) What is the correct way to recover Petals ?

Read this forum topic online here:
http://petals.ebmwebsourcing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=451#451