[Users] Where can I find Petals Hello World docs ?

vzurczak vincent.zurczak at petalslink.com
Wed Mar 16 11:00:17 CET 2011

Hi,

laurent wrote:
> What kind of project (what wizard) have I to create to import the web services into Petals Studio ?
>
> And after what should have I to do to import the Web services ?

This tutorial (http://doc.petalslink.com/display/petalsstudio/Importing+a+Web+Service+into+Petals) should answer (almost) completely to your questions.
To package the project for Petals, just right-click it and select Petals > Fast export for Petals.

laurent wrote:
> And then, what should I do to create BPEL code from end points ?

BPEL is going to be much more complicated, in particular if you do not know BPEL.
Select the "sketch" wizard and select BPEL. I advise you to start with a "new BPEL".

Then, if you take a look at the Petals services view ( / tab), under Workspace, you should see your WS end-points.
Drag and drop them on the BPEL diagram (in the sequence flow). That should create partner links and partner roles, plus the invocations.
For each invoke, create input and output variables, and select the service operation to call. You can do all of this at the same time bu using the Quick Pick part in the Properties view.

Eventually, you only have to insert assignations and make the right assignments between your variables.
Your BPEL should look like a workflow with a simple sequence.

1. Receive box (get the request and assign it to a variable)
2. Assign box (assign a part of the request to the input variable that will be sent to the first service)
3. Invoke box (call the first service by sending it the content of the first variable)
4. Assign box (assign the output of the first service - assuming it returns a response - to the input of the second service)
5. Invoke box (invoke the second service by sending it the content of the second variable)
6. Reply box (if your BPEL must send a response)

Obviously, you could make more efficient.
But this solution keeps things simple. Seriously...

Once you have made your BPEL, right-click it and select Petals > Concretize project.
Your BPEL is introspected and are determined the Petals artifacts that should be created.
It results in Petals projects that can directly be exported for Petals (right-click, Petals, Fast export...).

I don't say it's going to be easy for you. BPEL is not easy in my (very personal) opinion. But that's standard and it's feasible. :)
We are thinking about making BPEL a little more simple for the next versions of the tooling.
But the less we can say is that it is a real challenge.  :?

http://forum.petalslink.com/viewtopic.php?p=31156#31156