[Users] Petals Starting Guide - day 1 & 2 (WSDL & Administration)

stevec [via Petals ESB] ml-node+2930238-483753044-385891 at n3.nabble.com
Thu May 12 04:25:15 CEST 2011

Trying to follow the guide but have a couple of issues.

1/ When I try install the service assembly zips via the Webconsole I get the
following error after selecting the zip file and clicking 'install':

Petals service error
Message :
Artefact content-type must be [application/zip]
[application/x-zip-compressed] [application/x-sdlc]

I could see a similar error reported and fixed in a later release of the
WebConsole  (2.1.SNAPSHOT) so tried deploying and using that but there are
obviously other changes in that release requiring security setup so I backed
out to 2.0.5 but this gives the same behaviour as the prescribed 2.0.4
version.

Regardless I went ahead and deployed the zips by dropping them in the
platform install folder. Then they were visable via the Webconsole.

2/ The next step required me to install the petals-se-rmi zip via the web
console - this also fails with the same error (artefact content-type must be
application/zip..) so I deployed by dropping into the platform install
folder. It seems to deploy and be started e.g.
  INFO 2011-05-12 13:52:22,548
[Petals.JBI-Management.InstallationServiceImpl]
    Installer of the component 'petals-se-rmi' loaded
  INFO 2011-05-12 13:52:22,611 [Petals.Container.Components.petals-se-rmi]
    INIT RMI engine
  INFO 2011-05-12 13:52:22,720 [Petals.Container.Components.petals-se-rmi]
    Starting RMI Service Engine...
  INFO 2011-05-12 13:52:22,720 [Petals.Container.Components.petals-se-rmi]
     - RMI Port : 1099
  INFO 2011-05-12 13:52:22,720 [Petals.Container.Components.petals-se-rmi]
     - Embedded : true
  INFO 2011-05-12 13:52:22,720 [Petals.Container.Components.petals-se-rmi]
     - Component Context Name : RMIComponentContext

Also on the Webconsole the rmi component is listed under
Administration/Components with state of 'started', but when I go to the Test
panel there is a error msg "RMI component not specified or disabled into
configuration file"

I went thru the whole process again but this time with the 2.0.4 webconsole
and doing all the deployments into the platform (bc-soap, then se-rmi, then
a couple of service assembly zips) and then refreshed the domain on the
Webconsole and voila the test panel is working? This all seems a little
fragile.

http://forum.petalslink.com/Petals-Starting-Guide-day-1-2-WSDL-Administration-tp2688072p2930238.html
To start a new topic under Users (get help, provide help), email ml-node+2681628-1333396262-385891 at n3.nabble.com