[Users] How to expose 2 SOAP webservices with the same wsdl?

Vincent Zurczak vincent.zurczak at petalslink.com
Fri Jan 11 15:17:43 CET 2013

Hi,

Christophe DENEUX wrote
> Your concrete WSDLs are not completely the same because the endpoint parts
> should be different.

True.
But if he checked "autogenerate" in the studio, the WSDL must have been
updated automatically. So, I guess Philip has 2 WSDL with "autogenerate" as
the end-point.

Christophe DENEUX wrote
> I think that you MUST use fixed endpoint names in your provider service
> units. In your consumer service units, you will use these fixed endpoint
> names to link a consumer (an URL) to a specific service provider (external
> web-service).

I do not exactly agree.
I think you should keep the autogenerated end-point, but change the service
name.

The interface name should identify a service contract. It is the same for
both of your services.
The service name should identify an implementation of your service contract.
Here, you have 2 implementations: one that points to one external resource,
and the second one which points to another resource.

However, changing the service name in the jbi.xml means changing it in the
WSDL too.
If I remember correctly, the service name is not used in SOAP messages. So,
this should not impact the behavior of the SOAP BC. The only issue is that
both providers have the same WSDL, while they should be different (they are
not the same service after all, just implementations of a same contract).

And the end-point name defines a deployment identifier.

-----
« Petals M.D. »